The automotive industry is facing enormous upheaval and change: Supplier insolvencies, compliance issues related to the new German Supply Chain Act (Lieferkettengesetz), competitive and financial pressures, environmental issues, e-mobility, connected and autonomous driving and urban mobility concepts of tomorrow will lead to significant structural changes in the industry and raise new legal questions.
We have been advising leading automotive OEMs and suppliers for many years on all facets of the law including closure of production sites, drafting contracts, advising on insolvency scenarios, defense against liability claims, mergers and acquisitions or concluding joint venture agreements. In cooperation with leading teams from the energy sector, we also advise on current topics such as e-mobility or state aids.
Our client portfolio includes international car and truck manufacturers, national and international automotive suppliers, mechanical engineering companies as well as executive and supervisory board members in such companies. Ferox Legal advises on the interfaces that are of particular importance to the automotive industry.
- Advising the shareholders of a German automotive supplier on the sale of business shares to Japanese tier 1-supplier
- Representation of an insolvency administrator in connection with the insolvency of a car dealership chain
- Defense of Adam Opel AG in a dispute under corporate law with the employee representative on the supervisory board in connection with the decision to close the Opel plant in Bochum, Germany
- Drafting and handling of terms and conditions of a leading automotive supplier company
- Representation of Adam Opel AG in a major legal dispute with a total duration of 21 years concerning a claim for damages in the amount of € 300 million.
- Arbitration claim for damages (DIS) by a tier 1-supplier following a takeover (post M&A) due to various licensing disputes.