Dr. Max Kleissler’s focuses on transactions (M&A) and corporate law, partly at the interface with real estate and insolvency related matters. He acts as an advisor in national and cross-border M&A transactions (buy/sell-side), including due diligence and legal fact books, in venture capital deals, respectively, the financing of start-ups, in succession matters for owner-managed companies, as well as in joint ventures and in the area of distressed M&A. Max Kleissler also advises on all areas of corporate law, from formation and corporate housekeeping to reorganizations and transformations.
Max Kleissler’s clients include medium-sized and listed companies from Germany and abroad, the latter in particular in inbound transactions in Germany, or with respect to their German subsidiaries. He also advises entrepreneurs, shareholders, founders and financial investors as well as management and supervisory bodies.
Max Kleissler studied in Freiburg i.Br. and completed his doctorate at the University of Mannheim on a topic of European stock corporation law. Before joining Ferox Legal, he worked for international and national law firms in Frankfurt a.M.
Representative mandates (non-conclusive list)
- Ongoing advice to an Austrian owner-managed group of companies on corporate acquisitions in Germany (inbound/buy-side)
- Ongoing corporate and transactional advice to a Finnish listed company on ongoing matters and acquisitions in Germany (inbound/buy-side)
- Sale of an owner-managed company in the wood/packaging industry to a financial investor (succession/sell-side)
- Ongoing corporate law advice to an owner-managed sports marketing agency
- Advising on the sale of an owner-managed company in the electrical engineering sector to a strategic buyer (succession/sell-side)
- Sale of an owner-managed company in the medical technology sector to a financial investor (succession/sell-side)
- Advising various (owner-managed) IT companies on the sale to strategic investors (sell-side)
- Advising an individual on the acquisition of a company in the food industry with 26 branches (succession/buy-side)
- Legal advice to management (re)investors on comprehensive refinancing of a distressed private equity backed group of companies
- Advising a French company in the sporting goods industry on its acquisition of a German company by way of a capital increase
- Ongoing transaction, corporate and civil law advice to an owner-managed company in the renewable energy sector
- Advising a Chinese company on the acquisition of a German industrial company in the construction machinery sector (inbound/buy-side)
- Advising an owner-managed mechanical engineering company on the sale to a Japanese conglomerate (succession/sell-side)
- Ongoing corporate law advice to a serial entrepreneur in the fields of online marketing and e-commerce
- Advising an international publishing house on the reorganization of its German group companies
- Advising a Chinese company on its entry into the European market
Agreed co-determination and shareholder participation in the SE, Nomos, Baden-Baden, 2019, 363 pages
The balance sheet guarantee: A consideration of facts and legal consequences following a judgment of the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt a.M., NZG 14/2017, p. 531 et seq.
Taxation of permanent establishments – inbound investments, outbound investments, tax arrangements, industry specifics, co-author, in: Looks/Heinsen (ed.), 3rd edition, 2017, C.H. Beck Verlag