Areas of focus:
- Real estate law
- real estate transactions (asset and share deals)
- commercial tenancy law
- real estate law
- Tenancy and leasehold law, heritable building right contracts
- Real estate litigation and arbitration
- Banking and capital markets law
Thomas Hopf’s practice focuses on real estate transactions for national and international investors, insurance companies and family offices.
In addition, Thomas Hopf represents national and international companies as well as private individuals in all real estate law matters. He regularly represents institutional investors, insurance companies and wealthy individuals in the purchase or sale of real estate in various real estate classes such as, e.g., office real estate, mixed-use real estate, logistics real estate, hotel, light industrial real estate, etc.
Thomas Hopf also represents his clients in real estate-related litigation and arbitration proceedings throughout Germany. Due to his former employment with large American and English law firms, he represents a number of Anglo-Saxon and Asian clients in real estate investments and asset management in Germany.
Thomas completed a banking apprenticeship at Commerzbank in Frankfurt am Main before studying law. He studied law at the Johannes Gutenberg-University in Mainz and the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main. Prior to becoming a founding partner of Ferox Legal, he worked for several years for various German and large Anglo-Saxon commercial law firms in Frankfurt am Main. He is a member of the supervisory board of a major building cooperative in the Rhine-Main area.
Selected assignments of Thomas Hopf
- Representation of an international investment fund in the acquisition of various office and logistics properties as well as a DIY store.
- Representation of Malaysian pension funds in the acquisition of several logistics properties in Germany.
- Representation of a major German insurance company in the acquisition of office and mixed-use properties.
- Representation of Deutsche Lufthansa Technik AG in the conclusion of a ground lease agreement at Berlin-Brandenburg Airport.
- Representation of a German-Austrian project developer in the sale of shares in a landmark property in Frankfurt am Main.
- Representation of various family offices in the acquisition of office and residential properties in Germany.
- Representation of a Singapore-based Hong Kong real estate investment company in the acquisition of an office property in Berlin.
- Regular tenancy law advice to a housing association and various family offices in all real estate law matters.
- Major European Star Alliance member airline: Legal advice on the conclusion of office space lease agreements and representation in disputes under construction law regarding the design of an airport lounge.
- International logistics company in the acquisition of various logistics properties.
- Representation of a major German parking garage operator in the preparation of a vendor due diligence and assistance in the sale process of the company’s shares to an American private equity company.
- Major Japanese aviation company on real estate law issues.