A major focus of our work is real estate law with all its facets. We have been representing national and international investors as well as private individuals in all real estate-related legal matters for many years.
We cover all areas of legal activity of our clients in the real estate business, i.e. we do not only act for our clients in the purchase or sale of real estate, but also support our clients in the management of their real estate assets. It is precisely the appropriate and legally targeted management of existing real estate that enables our clients to regularly profit from value-adding factors.
Due to our many years of supporting clients in real estate law matters, we have extensive experience which enables us to inform our clients ahead of time of potential problems or risks so that for example existing tension between a landlord and a tenant can be resolved in the best possible way for the benefit of our clients.
Although real estate transactions account for a large part of our activities, we also represent our clients in court or arbitration proceedings throughout Germany. In this context, the close cooperation of our real estate and litigation practice groups is of utmost importance. We regularly work together across practice groups to ensure that our clients receive the best possible service both in procedural and substantive terms.
Our client base consists of international investment funds, insurance companies and high net worth individuals, whom we regularly represent in the purchase or sale of real estate in various real estate classes such as office real estate, mixed-use real estate, logistics real estate, hotels and leisure real estate, light industrial real estate, etc.
Due to this very diversified client base, we are familiar with the specifics and requirements of large, internationally active investors as well as those of private individuals or family offices. What unites all our clients is the desire for a very personal and trusting service. Therefore, we are personally available for our clients at any time night and day. What is more is that also the day-to-day work is handled by the partners of our firm and not delegated to third parties, which is particularly appreciated by our clients.
Due to our professional background from large U.S. and U.K. law firms, our practice group represents Anglo-Saxon and Asian clients who require personal legal support in real estate investments and asset management in Germany. We have assisted these clients in numerous real estate transactions, handling both asset and share deals. Particularly in the case of share deals, in addition to in-depth expertise in real estate law, knowledge of the specific aspects of corporate law that arise in such transactions is of particular importance.
We provide seamless communication and cooperation between the individual practice groups so that the expertise of our corporate lawyers is taken into account at every step of the transaction. And of course we also involve our dispute resolution experts in order to have all conceivable risks covered in advance.
In the case of large transactions, we also involve cooperation partners to handle extensive (vendor) due diligence work, tax issues or questions relating to real estate financing so that our own expertise is supplemented as required for our clients in the best possible way and in an economically sensible manner.
- Representation of an international investment fund in the acquisition of various office and logistics properties as well as a DIY store.
- Representation of Malaysian pension funds in the acquisition of several logistics properties in Germany.
- Representation of a major German insurance company in the acquisition of office and mixed-use properties.
- Representation of a subsidiary of a major German Star Alliance member airline in the conclusion of a hereditary building lease agreement at Berlin-Brandenburg Airport.
- Representation of a German-Austrian project developer in the sale of shares in a landmark property in Frankfurt am Main.
- Representation of various family offices in the acquisition of office and residential properties in Germany.
- Representation of a Singapore-based Hong Kong real estate investment company in the acquisition of an office property in Berlin.
- Regular tenancy law advice to a housing association and various family offices in all real estate law matters.
- Major European Star Alliance member airline: Legal advice on the conclusion of office space lease agreements and representation in disputes under construction law regarding the design of an airport lounge.
- International logistics company in the acquisition of various logistics properties.
- Representation of a major German parking garage operator in the preparation of a vendor due diligence and assistance in the sale process of the company’s shares to a U.S. private equity investment fund.
- Major Japanese airline on real estate law issues.